|Truffes au chocolat
Truffes au chocolat   aka chocolate truffles require the usage of the best quality chocolates such as Bayonne.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp superfine sugar
- scant 1/2 pound dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Cointreau or Armagnac (optional)
- good quality cocoa powder
- Combine the cream and sugar.
- Scald the cream and sugar - bring to boil, immediately remove from heat.
- Whisk in chocolate one piece at a time.
- Continuously achieve and keep a smooth consistency.
- Let cool slightly.
- Whisk in pieces of butter.
- Include alcohol, if desired.
- Put to chill in freezer for ~20 min.
- Using ~2 tsp of mixture create small balls.
- Place on parchment paper, on a baking sheet.
- Leave in fridge for ~30 min.
- Roll the balls in cocoa powder.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- Take out and serve.