- 6 (8-10 oz) speckled or brook trout fillets, or other firm, white fleshed fish
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 tbsp (3/4 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Let the fillets sit in the milk, soaking for ~10 minutes.
- Take the moistened meat and put them in the seasoned flour, completely covering each piece.
- Shake off excess.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Fry fish ~5 min each side, achieveing a golden colour.
- Keep warm.
- Warm another pot to create the sauce.
- Melt butter and stir in the almonds.
- Achieve a lightly browning of the nuts, takes ~4 min.
- Include lemon juice, parsley and salt & pepper.
- Let sauce simmer for ~3 min.
- Pour sauce over fish and bon appetite!