Tropical Fruit Salad I
Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 20 servings
- 2 cantaloupes cut in small pieces or balls
- 1 honeydew melon, cut in small pieces or balls
- 2 pineapples, cubed
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced crosswise
- 4 New Zealand star fruits, sliced crosswise 
- 1 lb seedless grapes
- strawberries, hulled
- kumquats 
- kiwi fruits, peeled, sliced 
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup grated fresh coconut
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Combine all fruits in giant clam-shell or large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine sauce ingredients; stir.
- Serve sauce separately in hollowed-out coconut shell or bowl.
- Star fruits can be purchased fresh in season at specialty groceries.
- Kumquats can be purchased fresh at specialty groceries or canned in gourmet shops.
- Kiwi fruits are available fresh at groceries almost year round.