Trinidadian Pepper Chicken
Blend to a smooth paste
- Marinate the chicken in salt and 2 tablespoon of pepper for ½ hour and place in mixing bowl.
- Fry the chicken in large pan using ¼ of the oil, drain and set aside.
- Fry the onions in rest of the oil till it turns translucent.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and fry for a minute.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste and fry till the paste turns brown.
- Add the spices (red chilli powder, etc) and stir in for a minute.
- Now add tomato, coconut paste and the remaining pepper.
- Fry for a while till the whole mixture loses all moisture.
- Now add the tomato paste.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir till all the chicken is well covered with the masala.
- Add 1 – 2 water and keep covered for 10 minutes.
- You can add more water to get a gravy.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- You can eat this with either roti or plain rice/dal.