Traditional Hoppin' John
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup cubed Ham (about 3 ounces)
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 4- to 6-ounce package Chicken flavored seasoned rice mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 15- to 16-ounce can black-eyed Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add Ham, green pepper and onions. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes, or until Ham is beginning to brown and Onion is tender.
- Stir in rice, black-eyed Peas andhot pepper sauce. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.