- 2 lb heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig of fresh basil, leaves only
Sit the tomato wedges in a strainer and cover with 1/2 tbs of sea salt and 1/2 tbsp black pepper. Marinate for ~30 min, then brush off. Do the same for the sliced onions, but separately. Stab the garlic with a fork and rub the clove inside a salad bowl, then include the olive oil and vinegar, whisking together. Sprinkle in salt & pepper. Include the tomatoes, onion and basil leaves and toss.
- Taste of Home. Taste of Home. 1999. pp. 44. http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Simple-Marinated-Tomato-Salad.
- Bourdain, Anthony (2004). anthony bourdain's LES HALLES COOKBOOK Strategies, Recipes and Techniques of Classic Bistro Cooking with José De Meirelles & Philippe Lajaunie. Bloomsbury, New York and London. pp. 64. ISBN 158234180X (hc).