Tomato Green Olive Salsa
Hot pepper relish is the key ingredient in this zesty salsa.
ChupNote: We used harissa instead of hot pepper relish, but you could use ajvar or any other hot sauce. We also doubled the green olives to ½ cup, sliced. You could up the fiber by adding ½ cup minced flat leaf parsley or cilantro or mint.
- Source: Eating Well, August/September 2006
- Formatted by Chupa Babin in MC: 08.15.06
- Active time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- Makes 3½ cups
- 1¼ pounds tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- ¼ cup hot pepper relish
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, scallions, olives, hot pepper relish, vinegar and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Per ⅓ cup serving:
- 22 calories | 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono) | 0 mgcholesterol | 3 g carbohydrate | 1 g protein | 1 g fiber | 300 mg sodium | 151 mg potassium.
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/