Three Bean Salad
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Serves 10 to 12
- 2 cans each pinto, red kidney and garbanzo beans (15½ oz each)
- 1¼ cups thinly sliced onion
- 1¼ cups each chopped green and red bell pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp each salt and dry mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Drain beans; put into a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion, peppers and celery.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, oil, salt, mustard, cilantro and oregano.
- Pour over beans and vegetables; toss to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.