Three-bean and Pork Slow Cooker Chili
- Contributed by Delma at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes | Cooking Time: 480 minutes
- Servings: 10 (about 1 cup per serving)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder, medium-hot
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped or 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- ½ tsp table salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 pound lean pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned tomato purée
- 29 oz canned diced tomatoes, with green pepper, celery and onion, undrained
- 6 oz canned tomato paste
- Combine onion, garlic, carrots, chili powder, oregano, chiles, salt and pepper in a 5-quart (or larger) slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir again.
- Cover and cook at high setting for 6 to 8 hours.
Start the chili at a high setting so the ingredients quickly reach a safe temperature. You can reduce the heat to low after 3 to 4 hours, if you prefer.