- 1 bunch of thotakoora leaves (amaranth), finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic flakes, crushed
- 3 red chilies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, season with mustard and cumin seeds, red chilies and fry until they splutter.
- Add garlic, turmeric, onions and fry until they are brown.
- Now add the chopped leaves, salt and cook until the leaves are tender.
- Add coriander powder and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with rice.