- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Heat oil in a pan.
- To that add mustard seeds.
- When it pops reduce heat to low and add chilli pwd, salt, asafoetida, turmeric and stir for about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Let it cool for a while.
- Add this mixture to the cut mangoes and mix thoroughly.
- Keep this for 7–8 days for the flavour to seep into mangoes.
- You can add a little bit of distilled vinegar if you like. It will help to keep the freshness.
- This is the Kerala mango achar.