The Ultimate Whipped Vanilla-Almond Frosting
- ½ cup unbleached white flour
- 1½ cups soy milk
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ cups margarine
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp almond extract
- Cook the flour and milk together over low-medium heat until very thick.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together and add the extracts.
- Beat in the flour and milk mixture a little bit at a time, until it has the consistency of a very thick whipped cream.
- If it seems too soft/runny, keep adding more powdered sugar until it stiffens up to your liking.