Thanksgiving Butterscotch Pie
- Boil the brown sugar and butter together until soft.
- Beat the egg yolk well and add it to the flour, then add the milk.
- Beat this until very smooth.
- Combine with the sugar mixture and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from fire and add salt and flavoring.
- Pour into a pastry-lined pan.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes; reduce the heat to 350°F and bake 30 minutes.
- Cover pie with a meringue made by beating the white of the egg stiff and adding 1 tsp sugar.
- Return pie to oven to brown meringue.