Tex-Mex Chicken Tacos
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 12 oz chicken breast
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tsp lime peel
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 cup corn, whole kernel frozen
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- ½ cup sour cream, light or fat-free
- Place chicken in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine orange juice, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour over chicken; seal bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet pepper strips; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Remove sweet pepper strips.
- Add chicken to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Stir in corn; heat through.
- Combine the marinade and cornstarch; add to chicken mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Return sweet pepper strips to skillet; stir to combine.
- Wrap tortillas in microwave-safe paper towels.
- Microwave on 100% power (high) for 45 to 60 seconds or until warm.
- Divide the chicken mixture among tortillas and top with sour cream.
- Fold the tortillas over chicken mixture.
- 362 Calories | 9g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fatv138mg Sodium | 47 Carbs | 4g Dietary Fiber | 6g Sugars | 61mg Cholesterol | 26g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ vegetable | ½ fruit | 2½ starch | 2½ lean meat | 1 fat
- Carb Choices: 3
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/