Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
This recipe can be made with beef or turkey. Serve the meatballs with additional teriyaki sauce or prepared Thai peanut sauce.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup bread crumbs, fresh
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- vegetable oil for spraying
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, carrot, egg, teriyaki sauce and bread crumbs.
- Blend well.
- Using a 2-ounce scoop, form meatballs with wet hands and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle meatballs with sesame seeds and spray with vegetable oil.
- Roast in a 375°F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through.
- 210 calories (120 from fat) | 13g total fat (20%) | 3.5g saturated fat (18%) | 1g dietary fiber | 14g protein | 10g carbohydrate | 70mg cholesterol (24%) | 870mg sodium (36%)
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/