Tarragon-scented White Bean Soup
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Place them in the cooker with the water, oil, leeks, carrots, celery, bay leaves and tarragon.
- Lock the lid in place.
- Over high heat, bring to high pressure.
- Lower the heat just enough to maintain high pressure, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to come down naturally, (by turning off heat and allow to sit until pressure in naturally released) or use a quick-release method (running pressure cooker under cold water to release the pressure).
- If the beans are not quite tender, either return to high pressure for another minute or two or replace lid (but do not lock) the lid and simmer until the beans are done.
- Remove the bay leaves and add salt (to taste)
- If the soup is too thin, with slotted spoon, transfer about 1 cup of the beans to a food processor or blender, and puree.
- Stir the puree back into the soup.