Tajikistan Bread with Spinach
- Open up and flatten the bread loaf and slice into 2-ounce sections; there will be one leftover section. Sprinkle with water and heat under broiler for about 30 seconds until softened. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, take rinsed spinach with water still on leaves and place in large pot. Add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and steam spinach over medium heat about 5 minutes, or until wilted, taking care not to scorch. Remove from heat, press firmly with tongs to press out excess water and drain carefully. Chop spinach and separate into 6 equal-sized portions.
- Mash fava beans coarsely with olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, zahtar, salt and pepper. Divide into 6 equal-sized portions.
- Using about 2 tablespoons per serving, spread bread slices with soy cream cheese. Then spread with mashed fava beans, covering the cream cheese well, and top with equal portions of well-drained spinach - if not well-drained, spinach could turn bread soggy.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.