TGI Friday's Pot Stickers
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine the flour, salt, hot water and shortening in a bowl and incorporate into a smooth dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 20 minutes, covered.
- Combine the filling ingredients.
- Combine the dipping sauce ingredients.
- Roll the dough out about ⅛ thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter or a glass to cut out 3 inch circles.
- Brush a little water over the circles and place about 2 teaspoons of filling in center.
- Fold the circles in half and press to seal, making sure to squeeze out any air.
- Stand the dumplings up on the folded side and press slightly so that they stand up nicely.
- To cook, bring a pot of salted water to boil, and boil the dumplings until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- The dumplings may be frozen at this point for future use; this recipe makes about 8 dozen.
- Heat a skillet with about 2 tablespoons oil and fry the dumplings on one side only, until nicely browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.