Stuffed Green Peppers
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 pound hamburger
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Cut lid off of peppers, clean out insides and rinse off. Cook in boiling water and cover for ~5 minutes, then drain. Cook hamburger and onions, sprinkle in; salt, garlic salt, rice and 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Heat everything together. Scoop in mixture into each of the peppers, then stand them in a greased baking dish. Top with the rest of the tomato sauce, then cover and cook in a 350 degree F oven for ~45 minutes. Take out, uncover and sprinkle with grated cheese on the peppers and cook for ~15 minutes.
- Quick Cooking. Taste of Home. 1998. pp. 47. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Stuffed-Green-Pepper-Cups.
- Crocker, Betty (1979). Betty Crocker's Cookbook New and Revised Edition. Golden Press/New York Western Publishing Company, Inc.. pp. 38. ISBN 78-52003.