Steamed Pork Dumplings
- Makes about 25 steamed dumplings.
- Soak mushrooms in very hot water for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess liquid, discard stems and chop caps finely.
- Put mushrooms and pork into a bowl with the prawns, finely chopped.
- Add ginger, spring onions, water chestnuts, salt, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Mix thoroughly with hands to combine and distribute seasonings.
- Put a heaped teaspoon of filling on a square of pastry and gather pastry around filling, leaving top open like a little drawstring purse.
- Put a shelled small prawn on top of each if liked, pressing it down firmly on filling.
- Brush strips of greaseproof paper with sesame oil and place in steamer.
- Arrange dumplings on the paper and steam over boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with soy or chilli sauce for dipping.