Spicy Shrimp and Oranges or Clementines
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1½ pounds peeled shrimp
- ½ to 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- ½ teaspoon sugar or substitute
- 2 large navel oranges or 4 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Toss the shrimp with the minced chipotle (use ½ of the chile for mild heat and a whole one for more fiery flavor) and sugar; set aside.
- Toss the oranges or clementines with the cumin and lime juice.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer, taking care not to crowd the pan. If necessary, use 2 skillets.
- Cook the shrimp until they are lightly browned on the undersides, about 2 minutes.
- Turn them over and then place the orange sections on top of the shrimp.
- After 2 minutes, when the shrimp are seared on the undersides, toss the mixture and continue cooking 1 more minute, or until the orange pieces are softened and have released juices into the pan.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro and serve.
- Calories 253 | Fat 7g | Carbs 12g | Sodium 310mg | Fiber 2g
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/