Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce
This is way too high in carbs... So try your favorite healhty/low carb pasta or better yet try Spaghetti Squash! Take care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Servings: 6
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 28 oz tomatoes, whole, canned
- 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb pasta, spaghetti
- Coat large skillet with nonstick spray.
- Preheat over high heat.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
- Drain and discard fat.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, and black pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover and simmer for additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in unsalted water.
- Drain well.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.
- For creamier sauce, give sauce a whirl in blender or food processor.
- 455 Calories | 6g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 248mg Sodium | 71g Carbs | 5g Dietary Fiber | 51mg Cholesterol | 28g Protein
- Carb Choices: 4½