Southern Shrimp Cocktail
Have the seafood market steam the shrimp to save time. Serve the shrimp, okra, and breadsticks on a platter around a bowl of the sauce, or make individual cocktails. Use 4 oz votive candleholders, shot glasses, cordial glasses, or mini martini glasses. You can make the sauce three days ahead. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Holiday Entertaining
- Prep 15 minutes | Sauce Prep: 10 minutes | Chill 1 hour
- Makes 12 servings and 2 cups of sauce
- 12 jumbo cooked shrimp
- Remoulade sauce (recipe follows)
- 12 whole pickled okra
- 12 very thin crispy breadsticks, broken in half
- garnish: grape tomato slices
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp Creole mustard
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1½ tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp paprika
- Peel shrimp, leave tails on, devein
- Spoon 1 heaping tbsp of remoulade sauce evenly into each of the 12 serving glasses.
- Place 1 shrimp, 1 whole pickled okra and 2 bread stick halves in each glass.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Stir together all ingredients, cover and chill 1 hour.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group