Southern Sausage Muffins
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- ½ pound mild pork sausage
- ⅓ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1½ cups baking mix
- 1½ teaspoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne ground red pepper
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups.
- Cook and stir sausage and onions in skillet until brown and crumble.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Gently stir in sausage mixture then pour into muffin mix and bake 25 minutes.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group