Soup du Jour
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced piment, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other oil
- 1/2 cup small dry Lentils, washed
- 6+ cups water
- 1/2 cup rice, well washed
- 2 Chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2-3 tomatoes, cut up
- 2-3 small zucchini or other green vegetable
- curry powder, if desired
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté Onion, garlic, piment and olive oil in a large pot.
- Add Lentils and 3 C water.
- Cook 20 minutes or so.
- Add rice, 3 C water and bouillon cubes and cook for 20 more minutes.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, zucchini and more water if soup is too thick.
- Cook about 10 more minutes, until the green vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste.