Somali Shrimp Curry
- In a 4-quart saucepan sauté the chopped onion, garlic powder, curry powder, turmeric, salt, chili powder, butter or oil until soft but not brown.
- Add the coconut cream, shrimp, uncooked and peeled, potatoes, diced, and 1 cup water.
- Simmer until tender, about 20 minutes, covered tightly.
- Add the lemon juice and 1 cup coconut cream.
- Cook until slightly thickened — about 10 minutes more.
- Serve hot with rice and accompaniments such as the following in a large sectioned relish dish.