Smothered Roast Beef II
In Romanian: Friptura inabusita II
- 3 lbs/1,5 kg lean meat
- 1 onion
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup wine
- 2 tablespoons lard
- salt, pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Brown the meat a little on all sides, using hot lard.
- Add a halved carrot, an onion, salt, garlic, pepper, wine and warm water to cover the meat.
- Cover and let boil until the meat is tender and there are only 2 – 3 tablespoons of liquid left.
- Remove the carrot, onion and garlic, sieve them and add them back to the pot.
- Add one tablespoon of tomato paste, 2 – 3 tablespoons of water and let come to another boil, turning the meat on all sides.
- Slice the meat, pour the sauce on top and serve with potatoes, boiled rice or boiled vegetables.
- Pour some melted butter on top of the side dish.