Smoked Salmon Chowder
Smoked Salmon Chowder –
- Servings: 42.6 servings
- Serving size: 3 ounces/ 237ml
- Yield: 1 Gallon/ 128 ounces/ 1.3 Liters
- 2 Tbsp. cup grape seed/safflower/canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 3 potatoes, boiled and smashed
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, crumbled
- 1/2 gallon salmon/fish stock
- 1/2 gallon milk
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- Place stock pot over medium heat, add oil.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, stirring until onions turn clear.
- Add tarragon and salmon stock to deglaze bottom of pan.
- Stir in smashed potatoes, smoked salmon. Continue to stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add milk and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.
Notes, tips, and variations
Vegetable stock can be substituted. Additional seafood can be added. Frozen veggies can be added. Parsley or dill can be used as garnish. Paprika or cayenne will add some spice!