Slow Cooker Mexican Beef Stew
- 2 pounds Beef stew meat
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions (from 1-pound bag)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 envelope (1.25 ounces) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mexicorn® with red & green peppers, drained
- Mix Beef, tomatoes, frozen onions and chili powder in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 9 to 11 hours or until Beef is tender.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, using wire whisk. Stir in black beans and corn.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 15 to 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base.
- For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer's directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.