Slovak Bean Soup
- Fill large dutch kettle with 2 quarts water.
- Add sausage (cut in 3 pieces) and beans (cut up).
- Bring to boil lower to medium and cook for about one half hour.
- Add diced potatoes and salt and cook another half hour.
- In small saucepan melt lard, add flour, paprika, pepper and garlic.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add this mixture to soup and mix well.
- Add vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In cream carton mix 1 tbsp flour and pinch of baking soda.
- Add to soup and bring to boil simmer 5 minutes and serve.