Shrimp Summer Rolls can be served with peanut sauce or soy sauce.
- Place rice noodles in large bowl; add enough hot water to cover. Let stand until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Drain. Cut into 6-inch lengths; set aside.
- Fill bowl with warm water.
- Add 1 rice-paper sheet and turn until beginning to soften, about 30 seconds (sheet will still be stiff in a few spots).
- Remove from water; drain on kitchen towel.
- Lay four shrimp halves, and a pinch of other ingredients onto bottom third of sheet.
- Leave about a half an inch free on the sides.
- Fold bottom of rice sheet over filling, then fold in ends and roll into tight roll.
- Place roll, seam side down, on plate.
- Repeat with remaining rice-paper sheets.
- Cover with damp paper towel and plastic wrap; chill.
- Cut each roll diagonally into thirds.
- Heat peanut butter and hoisin in microwave or over medium heat, stir together, add a few tablespoons of water to get the desired consistency.