Lentil soup with delicious taste.
- 2 cups Ads Magroosh (split red lentils)
- 2 quarts stock (either chicken or lamb)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Kammun -cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Chop the vegetables into medium-size chunks.
- Wash lentils.
- Put stock into a 4 – 5 quart pot and bring to boil.
- Add the onions,carrot,tomato and lentils to stock.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cook for about ½ hour or until the lentils are tender.
- Puree the mixture in either a food processor or blender and return to pot.
- Saute the finely chopped onions in the olive oil until they are soft and brown.
- Add the cumin,lemon juice, sautéed onions, salt and pepper to soup and stir slowly over low heat for about 3 minutes.