- Do not make candy on a hot or humid day.
- In a deep, medium-size sauce pan slowly heat honey over medium-low heat, using heat defuser, to the hard-crack stage (about 305 to 310 on a candy thermometer).
- Stir down often to prevent boiling over, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in sesame seeds.
- Set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet with peanut oil.
- Do not use waxed paper. Pour honey mixture on to it.
- Set baking sheet on a cooling rack.
- When cooled, but not hard.
- Score into diamond shapes.
- When cooled completely, remove candy and separate into pieces