Seared Tuna Napoleon
- Makes 2 to 2½ cups of sauce
- Rehydrate wasabi in 2 tsp of water and mix with mayonnaise.
- Place wasabi mayonnaise in a squeeze bottle and chill.
- Cut the wontons in half to make triangles.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on towels and reserve.
- Coat tuna with chimayo pepper, thyme, and oregano.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over high heat.
- When pan is very hot, add tuna and sear on each side, until the seasoning is blackened but tuna remains rare in the center.
- Slice tuna thinly (you’ll need 24 slices).
- Streak a round plate randomly with wasabi mayonnaise.
- Place a wonton triangle in the center.
- Layer with a slice of seared tuna, avocado, sprouts and onion.
- Repeat until there are three layers.
- Top with a mound of sprouts, and randomly streak with wasabi mayonnaise.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, pickled ginger, and ponzu sauce or soy sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients together and let stand for 24 hours, the strain.