- paprika Bring wine and lemon juice to boil and add scallops, mushrooms, and green pepper. Simmer just until scallops are tender. Be careful not to overcook!!! Drain, reserving liquid.
- Melt butter in saucepan, blending in salt, pepper, and flour until bubbly. Gradually stir in reserved liquid and cook until thickened.
- Add Swiss cheese and ½ of the Romano and stir over very low heat until blended.
- Remove from heat and fold in whipped cream. Stir in scallop mixture, then divide between eight, individual, buttered scallop shells / baking dishes.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining Romano, dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil until golden brown. Watch them carefully so as not to burn!!!! This, as you may guess, is sinfully rich and deliciously bad for you.