- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs scallops
- 1 lb small mushrooms
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I use the pre-minced in a jar)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Chablis or Chardonnay wine
- 1½ cups light cream or half-and-half
- paprika (to garnish)
- butter a large baking dish with 2 tbsp. butter.
- Layer Mushrooms on bottom and top with scallops.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt ¼ cup butter and stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in wine and cook until sauce is thick.
- Gradually stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
- pour sauce over casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake at 350 °F for 30 to 40 minutes.