Scallion Crêpes with Red Lentils
- In medium saucepan, combine lentils and 3 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until lentils are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain, transfer to medium bowl and set aside.
- While lentils are cooking, preapre crepes.
- In large bowl, whisk together egg whites and soy milk until well combined.
- Whisk in honey, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, sugar and scallions.
- Gradually whisk in flour until smooth.
- Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over low heat.
- Brush with a little vegetable oil.
- When pan is hot, pour 3 tablespoons batter into center of pan and quickly rotate pan to spread batter evenly.
- Cook until holes appear on top and underside is light golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Turn crepe; cook 1 minute more.
- Transfer to platter or sheet of waxed paper; do not stack.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 crepes, brushing pan with more vegetable oil between batches.
- Set aside.
- In small nonstick skillet, cook sesame seeds over low heat, stirring often, until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, lemon juice, cornstarch and remaining ½ teaspoon sesame oil; add to sesame seeds.
- Return skillet to medium heat and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Immediately pour mixture over lentils; stir to combine.
- Fill each crepe with ¼ cup lentil mixture, roll up and serve immediately.