- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Heat a heavy non-stick pan over high heat.
- Add the Lamb and 3 tablespoons of oil. Sear the meat, turning and tossing, until nicely browned all over. Transfer meat to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the Onion to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the onions are browned, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, red pepper, paprika, and turmeric and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, meat, salt, and enough water to fully cover the meat, about 1 1/2 cups.
- Bring contents to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is cooked and very tender.
- Fold in the spinach and garam Marsala. Serve sprinkled with cilantro.