Russian Triangular Dumplings
In Romanian: Cornulete rusesti
- 1 cup lard or butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- a little salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- flour as needed
- sour cherries from preserves or rahat-lokum
- ¾ cup vanilla-flavored confectioner's sugar
- Mix the lard or butter with salt, vanilla and sour cream.
- Add flour to obtain a soft dough; let rest for 20 minutes.
- Then roll into a very thin sheet and cut into triangles.
- At the wide side of the triangle, put a sour cherry from preserves, a little marmalade or a small piece of rahat-lokum.
- Roll into a crescent and place on a baking sheet, leaving some distance among them.
- After baking, roll the crescents in vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.