Roast Beef Hash
- Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 4 servings (about 1 cup each)
- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded or cubed cooked lean beef
- 2 cups peeled and cubed cooked potatoes
- ½ tsp dried marjoram leaves
- ¼ tsp dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic until tender.
- Add beef and potatoes to skillet; sprinkle with herbs.
- Cook over medium heat until meat and potatoes are browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Per serving (about 1 cup each):
- 244 Calories | 6g Fat | 50.7g Cholesterol | 44mg Sodium | 19.9g Protein | 27.5g Carbs
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable | 1½ bread | 2 meat
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/