Risi e Bisi
From Catsrecipes Y-Group Farrell Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1988.
- 8 tablespoon butter divided
- 2 cups freshly shelled peas
- 3½ cups good chicken stock
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 slices prosciutto diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese divided
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium size pan.
- When it has just melted add peas.
- Turn heat down as low as possible and cook peas covered about 15 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Set aside.
- Heat chicken stock until it starts to steam then lower the heat and have it ready.
- Melt remaining butter in a large heavy pot.
- When melted add minced onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent.
- Add prosciutto and then the rice.
- Sauté for 3 minutes or until grains take on a translucent cast.
- Begin adding the hot stock a ladelful at a time stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring until stock is absorbed by the rice.
- Continue adding stock until rice is plump and not too soft.
- Taste for seasoning adding salt as needed then and pepper.
- Gently stir in the parsley and cooked peas and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn into a serving dish and sprinkle with half the Parmesan .
- Reserving the rest to be added separately at the table.
- Serve immediately.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group Farrell Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1988." http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/