Red Pepper Soup
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 fresh red chile, halved, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 quart chicken broth
- small bunch of fresh basil, leaves picked
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 stalk of celery
- extra virgin olive oil
- cayenne pepper
Over medium heat, gently fry; onions, garlic, bell peppers, chili and some olive oil with a lid for ~20 min. Stir in frequent intervals, every ~5 min. Achieve softened vegetables. Include chicken broth and boil. Reduce eat and add lid to finish for ~10 more min. Pour this into either a blender or processor, include basil leaves and red wine vinegar, then blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool. After cooled, cover and put in fridge. When ready to eat, prepare garnish to serve;
garnish: Peel, seed and dice cucumber. Peel celery stringy pieces, then trim and dice. Soup can be served over ice (optional), drizzle some extra olive oil, top with garnishes and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Rombauer, Becker, Becker, Irma, Marion, Ethan Espe (2006). 75th joy of cooking. Simon & Schuster Inc.. pp. 132. ISBN 13:978-0-7432-4626-2.
- Oliver, Jamie Espe (2010). Jamie's AMERICA easy twists on great american classics, and more. Michael Joseph / The Penguin Group. pp. 258. ISBN 978-1-4013-2360-8.