Red Bean Soup with Guacamole Salsa
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and garlic and cook for 4–5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the cumin, Cayenne and paprika and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the tomato puree, then the oregano.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and 850 ml water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15–20 minutes.
- Cool slightly then puree the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return to the pan and season to taste.
- Reheat, ladle into bowls and serve with a little guacamole in the middle of each and Tabasco sauce for those who want it.