Raisin Pumpkin Custards
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- cooking spray
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 can milk, fat-free evaporated
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- In a small saucepan, heat orange juice and vanilla just until hot (do not boil).
- Add raisins; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat eight 6-oz soufflé dishes or custard cups or one 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place soufflé dishes or custard cups in a shallow baking pan for ease of handling; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, the ⅓ cup brown sugar, the egg product or egg white plus egg, and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in raisins and any liquid that is left in the saucepan.
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into prepared dishes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, stir together rolled oats and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes for soufflé dishes or custard cups, 40 to 45 minutes for 1-quart casserole, or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack; cool slightly before serving.
- 131 Calories | 2g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 3mg Cholesterol | 58mg Sodium | 4g Protein | 26g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 20g Sugars
- Exchanges: other carb: 2
- Carb Choices: 1½
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/