Raisin Crumb Pie
|Raisin Crumb Pie|
|Time:||2 hours (with pre-prepared crusts)|
Raisin Crumb Pie - makes two pies.
- 1 pound raisins
- 1½ cups cold water
- 3 cups sugar (divided)
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Wash and clean raisins and add the cold water and 1½ cups of sugar.
- Cook until the raisins are tender and plump.
- Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 440°F.
- Mix the flour, 1½ cups of sugar, and the shortening, crumbling well with the fingers. Take out one cup of these crumbs and set aside.
- To the remaining crumb mixture, add the eggs and milk; mix well.
- Stir in the baking powder.
- Line two large pie tins with pie crust and fill with cooked raisins. Pour over this the batter and sprinkle the top with the cup of reserved crumbs.
- Bake in a hot oven at 440°F for 10 minutes, reduce heat to moderate oven (350°F) and finish baking, about 35 minutes.