Quiche Maison Edie
Quiche Maison Edie, serves 4 - 6 and makes either a good entree or a side-dish.
- 1 pastry shell (quiche shell preferred)
- ¼ pound of prosciutto
- ¼ pound of Gruyere cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 dash of black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- parsley sprigs and a pinch of nutmeg for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Cut or tear the prosciutto and cheese into small pieces.
- Spread the cheese and prosciutto the bottom of the pastry shell.
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Add the half-and-half, onion flakes and seasonings and blend until smooth.
- Set the pastry shell on a cookie sheet and fill with egg mixture.
- Bake on cookie sheet on the center rack until a knife inserted comes out clean. After about 30 minutes the quiche should be finished cooking.
- Carefully remove and put on an wire cooling rack for about 10 minutes to let it set.
- Garnish and serve while it's still warm.