Pumpkin Pie III
- 1½ cup pumpkin, canned or fresh, cooked
- non-nutritive sweetener equivalent to ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground cloves, or to taste
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1¼ cup nonfat milk
- 2 cup nonfat evaporated milk
- pastry for one 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Combine the pumpkin, sweetener, salt, and spices, blending well then blend in the eggs, milk, and evaporated milk.
- Pour into the unbaked pastry shell and bake until a knife inserted between the center and outside come out clean.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Sift the flour and salt together, then dribble the margarine over the surface.
- Stir, with a fork, until completely mixed then add the water to the margarine-flour mixture and stir until a smooth ball if formed.
- Roll out the dough to fit the pie pan. Place in the pie pan and flute the edges with the fork.
- Refrigerate if the crust is to be filled prior to baking.
- If baked unfilled, make several cuts with a sharp knife in the bottom and sides of the crust.
- Bake at 450 °F for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Exchanges per serving (filling): 1 serving = ¼ lean meat, ¾ milk, 1/6 bread
- calories per serving: filling = 135
- calories per serving: pastry = 110
- Exchanges per serving: ⅛ crust = 1 bread, 1 ½ fat
- Calories per serving: 13