Puerto Rican Pork a La Criolla
This is a really flavorful roast Pork, with lots of garlic and black pepper. It doesn't require overnight prep, just about 5 minutes of seasoning and an hour and a half in the oven. Leftovers make great sandwiches!
- 1 (3 lbs) boneless Pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (more if you like...)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pepper, garlic, oregano, vinegar, olive oil and salt in a small bowl, then rub this mixture all over the Pork roast.
- Place roast in a shallow baking pan and roast, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for about 1-1/2 hours; meat thermometer should read 165 to 170 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.