Pud Ga-prao Gai Sap
Thai holy basil chicken recipe courtesy Foo Swasdee From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped Thai chile pepper
- 8 ounces ground chicken breast
- ½ cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon sweet soy sauce (optional)
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper (optional)
- ½ cup Thai holy basil (ga-prao)
- steamed jasmine rice
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok at high heat.
- Stir in the chopped garlic and cook until it is golden brown.
- Add the Thai chile pepper and stir well.
- Add the ground chicken and cook it just halfway done.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the mushrooms, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sweet soy sauce, and chicken stock.
- Mix well.
- When all the ingredients are cooked, add the red bell pepper and the Thai holy basil.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt.
- Serve over steamed jasmine rice.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group