- Mix flour, water and salt in a bowl to make dough.
- Knead and set aside.
- Boil potatoes.
- Mash potatoes and add some of the onions.
- Roll dough on cutting board.
- Take small ball of dough and roll out to form small circle - about the size that fits will in your palm.
- Put small spoonful of potato mixture in the center of the circle - press sides together around potato.
- Drop each vereniki into boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain water and serve vereniki with sautéed onions and melted butter.